Whether your case requires the investigation of QuickBooks or other accounting software, our expertise with navigating not only QuickBooks desktop or online but Peachtree, MAS90 and Xero, can help uncover irregularities and transaction manipulations within the data entry.
Examining Computerized Accounting Software
When examining computerized accounting software it is important for the client to understand the access required in order to dig deep within the software. If you are involved in a case where your records need to be examined in order to determine if fraud occurred, make sure you take steps to provide your investigator all of the information necessary.
Here are some simple recommendations:
- Software brand and version
- Desktop or online access including passwords
- Unrestricted (Admin) access to export reports and files
- Unrestricted (Admin) access to print to PDF
- Unrestricted (Admin) access to view all data content
- Create a back-up prior to submitting a copy of the file
- If you require HIPAA compliance, our team is HIPAA certified